Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast talks about how to attract the top talent to your team when starting or running a new business.
- If you're launching or starting a new business, building a team of talented people is important for growth. When you have a great team, you can deliver great products and service.
- When it comes to hiring new employees, position the benefits of working for your company, especially if you can't offer a big salary.
- Three key features you can offer and promote include autonomy, title and flexibility.
- One advantage of working for an entrepreneur is autonomy – often not found in the corporate sector. There are layers, meetings and bureaucracy you have to go through with larger entities in the corporate world.
- Talented people want room to grow and the ability to make decisions. This includes managing budgets and teams, as well as being able to create and come up with solutions.
- When employees can make decisions, they feel empowered and have a sense of pride in their work.
- Another perk you can promote is providing a title. This boosts morale and can serve as a stepping stone for your employees further down the road if they decide to pursue other opportunities.
- Lastly, you can also highlight flexibility. Flexible hours help your employees improve their work-life balance.
- Beyond hours, flexibility can also include working remotely and having time to take vacations.
- If you want to attract the top talent to your team, verbalize, communicate and market the benefits of working for your new business. Do this across all channels including job boards, your website and during interview questions.
- Hiring the top talent allows you to take your business to the next level.
3 KEY POINTS:
- When starting a new business, a key growth component is building a capable team. In order to attract talented employees, provide simple benefits that in turn, will boost morale and pride.
- There are three benefits you can provide in order to attract talented people: autonomy, a title, and flexibility.
- Taking care of your people is the most important thing in entrepreneurship, and if you keep your people in mind, your company's growth is just about guaranteed.
“People want autonomy. They want room to grow. They want the ability to make decisions.” – Jason Duprat
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #newbusiness #hiretherightpeople #empoweredemployees #successfulstaff #teambuilding #growthstrategy