[iframe style=”border:none” src=”//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/17763245/height/100/width//thumbnail/no/render-playlist/no/theme/custom/tdest_id/2290298/custom-color/6695ac” height=”100″ width=”100%” scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen]
Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast speaks with Pek Pongpaet, Founder and CEO of Impekable, a design-driven digital product studio based in Silicon Valley. Pek provides an overview on software development, along with useful tips for those looking to develop their own software. Pek also discusses his involvement with Mortal Kombat and martial arts.
- Pek talks about his software experiences including being self-taught, his pursuit of software design and learning about the importance of sales and marketing.
- Computer engineering and computer science are completely different fields. Computer engineering is focused on hardware while computer science deals with programming and software.
- Designing and building go hand-in-hand with sales and marketing. Creating a product without a need in the market makes it irrelevant.
- Pek prefers to work with enterprise software because it offers a greater return on money.
- Talk to your customers and get them involved. Take tips and opinions from them to build a solution that truly caters to their market.
- Presales serve as a great validation for your product.
- There are several apps that let you conceptualize and design your software – one example is Adobe XD.
- Before you build and create your software, engage a designer to get a general idea of the software's design and feel.
- Wireframing is part of the design process; it's the blueprint of your software.
- When reviewing firms for partnerships, compare pricing and evaluate different approaches to the problem.
- Pek shares his time working as a motion capture actor for Mortal Kombat, a popular fighting video game.
3 KEY POINTS:
- Building software is not easy. Before designing and building software, seek validation from your target market.
- Invest in a team that can help you conceptualize, design, create and market your software.
- When looking for a software firm, you have options. Analyze pricing, and most importantly, evaluate different approaches for your idea. Don't be in a hurry to build your software and look for the firm that fits your vision.
“You should design the solution first before you start building it (your product).” – Pek Pongpaet
“(On building software )Instead of building everything from scratch, buy as much as possible that's already made and assemble it.” – Pek Pongpaet
Pek Pongpaet on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/pekpongpaet/
Pek Pongpaet on Twitter: https://twitter.com/pekpongpaet
Pek Pongpaet on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/pek/
Impekable website: https://www.impekable.com/
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #softwaredevelopment #softwaredesign #softwaresolutions #digitalproducts #mortalkombat