[iframe style=”border:none” src=”//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/18225740/height/100/width//thumbnail/no/render-playlist/no/theme/custom/tdest_id/2290298/custom-color/6695ac” height=”100″ width=”100%” scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen]
Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast talks about branding and its impact on your business. He also shares three tips for improving your business branding efforts.
- Often, business owners and entrepreneurs don't take the time needed to think about branding.
- When done well, branding allows you to generate new customers, build employee pride and establish trust in the marketplace.
- Your brand is what people say about your business or logo.
- Branding is how you market your business to compel others to think about your business the way you want them to.
- What people think about certain brands and what they represent is influenced by their exposure to them.
- As examples, Jason shares three sets of brands: Mercedes-Benz, Rolls Royce and Bentley. Family Dollar, Dollar General and a Five & Dime. American Red Cross, Habitat for Humanity and United Way. He then asks listeners to consider the thoughts and emotions that come to mind.
- Jason offers three tips to improve your branding.
- One, know where your business fits in the market by developing an identity. Start by creating a unique selling proposition (USP). What sets your business apart? Make sure it's reflected in all of your marketing—through your logo, color schemes, website, social media, etc.
- Two, stay consistent with your messaging and marketing across platforms. It makes you look professional and demonstrates you know what you're doing.
- Three, study your top 3 favorite brands and learn from them. What's the overall image they're promoting? What's their USP? Take those brands as inspiration and implement some of the things you've learned in your own business without copying.
3 KEY POINTS:
- Good branding can help a business gain immediate recognition. It increases the value of the business, generates new customers, improves employee pride and satisfaction, and creates trust in the marketplace when implemented properly.
- You need to find where your business fits in the market. Develop the identity of your business and know the customers you want to serve.
- Reflect your business identity in all of your marketing. Stay consistent and learn from what other brands are doing.
“[Branding] is what other people say or think [when they see the name or logo of your business].” – Jason Duprat
“Your brand is what other people say or think when they see the name or logo of your business.” – Jason Duprat
HEA Facebook Group for Digital Businesses: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HeathcareEntrepreneurAcademy/
HEA Facebook Group for Bricks & Mortar Businesses: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademyBrickandMortar/
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #branding #brandmanagement #marketing #identity #usp