Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast talks about email marketing. He highlights three regulations business owners should be aware of and compliant with, and also shares tips for optimizing your email list hygiene.
- Email is the most highly used and most effective way to reach prospects and customers online.
- There are 3.8 billion email users and 1 billion accounts.
- Email has about a 6% conversion rate and a 3.7% click-through rate.. Comparatively, social media has an engagement rate of about 0.50%.
- The ROI on email is well over 4000%, as costs are low compared to traditional marketing, such as direct mail.
- The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is geared towards large corporations but there are good practices worth googling.
- Jason shares the five components of the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography And Marketing Act (CAN-SPAM), which applies to all promotional emails. If you're making an offer or selling something, it's considered promotional.
- Jason also provides three tips for optimizing your list hygiene.
- One, maintain low unsubscribe rates. You can do this by avoiding list buying, which hurts deliverability because these emails are often marked as spam.
- Two, maintain good open and click-through rates by sending relevant content to segmented audiences within your database.
- Three, if subscribers don't open your emails in 60-90 days, consider deleting them from your database.
- The overall movement in digital marketing right now is to protect consumer privacy.
3 KEY POINTS:
- Because there are more than a billion email accounts and the cost of sending mass emails is very low, it's the most highly used and effective online marketing strategy.
- Business owners should check out the details of the GDPR, the CCPA and the CAN-SPAM Act to make sure they're compliant.
- Avoid buying email lists. Send only relevant emails to relevant segments of your subscriber database.
“(When it comes to engagement), email marketing blows social media posts out of the water.” – Jason Duprat
“Keep good email list hygiene.” – Jason Duprat
HEA Facebook Group for Digital Businesses: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HeathcareEntrepreneurAcademy/
HEA Facebook Group for Bricks & Mortar Businesses: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademyBrickandMortar/
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #podcast #emailmarketing #onlinemarketing #onlinestrategy #consumerprivacy