Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner, and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast talks about the importance of staying organized and shares what he's learned after years of running a business. He also discusses a great software tool that will help you manage your projects, team, and communications more efficiently.
- When you run your own business, it's important to get your to-dos done and remain organized.
- Systemizing is a must. This can be a struggle and for Jason, it took a few years to learn how to streamline tasks.
- Projects aren't stressful; the details are. Become a production expert and alleviate stress. One great software tool to help you do this is Asana.
- For example, when Jason has a new lesson for a course, he creates the main task within Asana and then adds subtasks. He can include links in the task description and within each task, assign followers so team members remain in the loop.
- Communicating via email can be confusing and it can quickly create disorganization when several people are involved in a single project. This is particularly true if you're working with dozens of contractors, freelancers, and staff.
- Asana alleviates this chaos by centralizing the work and communications associated with team projects.
- Asana can be used to organize personal tasks as well, which is something Jason does. When you log in to the dashboard, you can easily see your to-do list for the day.
Please note that Jason became and affiliate of ASANA after the recording and publication of this episode and this affiliate link was added to the show notes retrospectively.
3 KEY POINTS:
- Making mental to-do lists, using sticky notes, or keeping track of tasks through a calendar is fine but having a systematized way to handle everything that needs to get done for your business is an absolute must.
- Asana is one of the best software tools Jason uses across multiple projects. One of the benefits is creating teams and managing communications for specific projects within the software program.
- Letting a software program organize your tasks or to-do lists leaves your mind free to think and work more creatively.
“You need to be organized in order to lead an effective and organized team.” – Jason Duprat
“As the business owner, you are setting the direction for where you're going.” – Jason Duprat
*This is an affiliate link and by signing up through our link they are supporting the podcast and the HEA community AND as a bonus for using the link they get a 30 free trial.
Do you enjoy our podcast? Leave a rating and review: https://lovethepodcast.com/hea
Don't want to miss an episode: Subscribe to the HEA Podcast: https://followthepodcast.com/hea
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #podcast #productionhacks #productivity #workefficiently #projectmanagement