Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner, and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast, talks about the need to stop giving average effort when expectations call for above-average results. Effort is a two-way street: what you give is what you get. Jason has encountered several people whose expectations are far beyond what they do, which only falls into disappointment. He explains why a change in mindset and a performance upgrade can help you reach that above-average result.
- Do everything to the best of your ability.
- Average businesses go out of business, often within the first three years.
- Evaluate yourself and step things up a notch. Take action and make constant improvements.
- How someone is prepared is a reflection of their performance.
- Don't fall into the trap of being content with the average, especially in entrepreneurship.
- Maximum effort equates to a high reward.
3 KEY POINTS
- There is no room for average; do your best at everything you do.
- Always take action to improve. It is a requirement to reach the pinnacle.
- Hold yourself and your team to a higher standard.
“Everything that you do should be aimed at doing things to your absolute best.” – Jason Duprat
“If that's how you operate, where your output is average and you are not putting forth full effort, you will not survive. You're going to lose all of your money that you invested into your business, and you have close to zero chance of surviving beyond the first three years.” – Jason Duprat
Have a healthcare business question? Want to request a podcast topic? Text me 407-972-0084 and I'll add you to my contacts. Occasionally, I'll share important announcements and answer your questions as well. I'm excited to connect with you!
Do you enjoy our podcast? Leave a rating and review: https://lovethepodcast.com/hea
Don't want to miss an episode? Subscribe and follow: https://followthepodcast.com/hea
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #HealthcareBoss #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #podcast #businessgrowth #teamgrowth #digitalbusiness