“Burnout is a byproduct of a dysfunctional work environment.” – Joy Energy Time
Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner, and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast, dives deep into the world of high achievers, their struggles, and the game-changing solutions to overcome burnout. Dr. Sharon Grossman is a psychologist, coach, and author specializing in helping high achievers transform from exhausted to extraordinary. With over 19 years of experience, she has worked with physicians, entrepreneurs, and nurses, guiding them to regain control over their lives and thrive. Her book, “The 7E Solution to Burnout: Transforming High Achievers from Exhausted to Extraordinary,” has helped countless individuals find balance and success in their personal and professional lives.
- Sharon Grossman is a psychologist turned coach who focuses on helping physicians and entrepreneurs manage burnout. She transitioned from therapy to coaching, as she was more passionate about coaching and wanted to focus on something that had a significant impact on people's lives.
- A lot of people experience burnout without really understanding what it is, so she made it her mission to educate the public about burnout, its signs, and its symptoms. The way she defines burnout is chronic stress, which is different from acute stress, and it starts to take a toll on a person when they keep coming up against the same problems again and again.
- Burnout happens for different reasons, such as working in a toxic work environment or having too much work to do in a short amount of time.
- Sharon helps her clients manage their minds, optimize their time, and change their relationship with themselves to prevent burnout and enjoy their work without overwhelm.
- Emotional exhaustion is a common symptom of burnout that drains energy and can lead to negative thoughts. Changing scenery or location can help break the pattern of burnout.
- A customized recovery strategy that targets individual contributing factors is essential to combat burnout.
- Decoding your burnout to identify contributing factors, including examining your programming, environmental stressors, and other parts of your life.
“Your burnout might look very different from everybody else's burnout. It doesn't mean that what they have is burnout and that what you have is something else. It just means that you have a different version.” – Sharon Grossman
“Psychologically, burnout can lead to increased irritability, difficulty concentrating, forgetfulness, and a decreased sense of accomplishment or satisfaction with work. In more severe cases, it may contribute to feelings of detachment.” – Sharon Grossman
CONNECT WITH JASON DUPRAT:
- Sign up for one of our free business start-up Masterclasses at https://jasonduprat.com/freemasterclass
- Have a healthcare business question? Text me at 407-972-0084, and I'll add you to my contacts. Occasionally, I'll share important announcements and answer your questions as well.
- Do you enjoy our podcast? Leave a rating and review: https://lovethepodcast.com/hea
- #260: The 5-Step Productivity Must-Do's to Get More Out of Your Business (Minus the Burnout!) with Mridu Parikh
- #274: Why Your Mindset Matters: Learn How to Control Your Thought Patterns!
- #229: Tactical Tuesday: Bring Out the Best in Yourself & Your Business with a Positive Mindset
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #HealthcareBoss #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #podcast #businessgrowth #teamgrowth #digitalbusiness