Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast talks to Tom Koulopolous, Founder and Chairman of Delphi Group. Tom shares his insight and experience on technology in the healthcare arena. He highlights where we’ve been, where we’re headed and how COVID-19 has increased the need to embrace innovation and change.
- Tom talks about how he got started in the field of technology.
- How did Tom start Delphi Group and what were the factors leading to the company’s success?
- What are the significant changes in telehealth especially in the midst of COVID-19?
- How will AI impact healthcare?
- Tom discusses the benefits of technology when it comes to changing patterns and how best to adapt to what’s needed in a situation. He references COVID-19 as an example.
- Why should practice and procedure dictate policy when it comes to healthcare?
- What is the purpose of HSPs (Healthcare Services Providers and why are hospitals choosing to utilize them?
- What does the future look like for community hospitals? Is there a possible crossover between community hospitals and HSPs?
- Tom believes if hospitals invest in technology and innovation, they can put patients at the center of the healthcare equation.
- Tom shares his advice as an entrepreneur on how to succeed by constantly innovating and keeping up with the times.
3 KEY POINTS:
- We get accustomed to what we have and sometimes it takes a nuclear hit to dislodge us from the past. The things we’re doing now as a result of COVID-19 will build a foundation for the future.
- AI will not completely take over, but rather it will assist telehealth providers with administrative work and alleviate the workload.
- There is a way to drive down costs, make healthcare better, maintain locality and in the process, maintain the innovation that comes with the localized healthcare.
“Technology is a lifeline.” – Tom Koulopolous
“Understand the industry as well as you possibly can, dedicate the time, invest the time . . . to really know what the issues are.” – Tom Koulopolous
“Once it’s in your blood, it’s always in your blood.” – Tom Koulopolous
Reimagining Healthcare: How the Smartsourcing Revolution Will Drive the Future of Healthcare and Refocus It on What Matters Most, The Patient by Thomas Koulopolous- https://www.amazon.com/Reimagining-Healthcare-Smartsourcing-Revolution-Refocus/dp/1642935573
Tom Koulopolous’ Website – http://tkspeaks.com/
Delphi Group Company Website – delphigroup.com
Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy for Digital Businesses – https://www.facebook.com/groups/HeathcareEntrepreneurAcademy/
Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy for Brick & Mortar Businesses – https://www.facebook.com/groups/HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademyBrickandMortar/
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #healthcaretechnology #healthcareinnovation #patientcare #COVID19