[iframe style=”border:none” src=”//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/16559096/height/100/width//thumbnail/no/render-playlist/no/theme/custom/tdest_id/2290298/custom-color/6695ac” height=”100″ width=”100%” scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen]
Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast talks to Glen de Vries, Co-CEO and Co-Founder of Medidata, a leading online platform for clinical trials. He's also the author of the book, “The Patient Equation.” In this episode, Glen talks about his career as a healthcare entrepreneur and how he pioneered the use of the internet to improve how physicians diagnose and help patients.
- Glen introduces “The Patient Equation,” his book about how the data revolution is transforming healthcare.
- He also talks about his childhood, particularly his aspirations and the reasons he pursued research as a career.
- What inspired Glen to launch Medidata?
- How did Medidata become what it is today?
- One key to success is to have the right people around you. For Glen, this includes his partners, who made Medidata possible.
- Glen discusses the challenges Medidata faced and how they moved forward to pursue company goals.
- Across his career, Glen has always had a conviction for online connection.
- He talks about the importance of collaboration between medical professionals, particularly when it comes to research and medicine.
- Data is at the center of these collaborations – curating data fit for a purpose and using data to get the right tools in the hands of physicians.
- When it comes to data collection, you should utilize data in a way that can actually ‘wake up' new information. Use big data to find small factors.
- Leverage relevant inputs to get the right outputs.
- How is Medidata proving to be relevant in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic?
3 Key Points
- The future of the healthcare industry rests on the innovation of information dissemination between researchers and healthcare professionals.
- Collaborative work can help ensure various options will be available for both the physicians and the patients, and a more individualistic approach to treatment can be created.
- No one treatment equation is highly precise, as every patient is unique. What works for you may not work for others.
“My work experience may seem illogical but I've realized they were connected steps I had to go through to reach where I am today.” – Glen de Vries
“The Patient Equation is not a one-size-fits-all formula for treatment success. Rather, it's a tool to create a better framework to think about.” – Glen de Vries
“It's important not to give up despite what happens. Surround yourself with individuals who have different experiences that complement each other and trust in their greatness.” – Glen de Vries
Medidata Website: https://www.medidata.com/en/
The Patient Equation: : https://www.medidata.com/en/medidata-institute/thepatientequation/
Dassault Systems: https://www.3ds.com/about-3ds
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #onlineconnection #internet #data #datacollection #thepatientequation #covid19