[iframe style=”border:none” src=”//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/17422976/height/100/width//thumbnail/no/render-playlist/no/theme/custom/tdest_id/2290298/custom-color/6695ac” height=”100″ width=”100%” scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen]
Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast talks about why your business should get cybersecurity insurance and different ways to mitigate risks when it comes to your business' data being hacked or stolen.
- Are you taking the right security measures when it comes to protecting yourself and your business' data?
- The recent attack on SolarWinds Orion software is one of the greatest US cybersecurity breaches and affected close to 18,000 companies. The breach led to massive data compromises in big corporations, including governmental agencies, and will take years to identify the damage that's been done.
- The cybersecurity of your business should always be one of your biggest priorities.
- Your online data footprint is vulnerable to an attack at any time so protect yourself by purchasing cybersecurity insurance.
- As far as security tips, the first thing you should do is use two-factor authentication, which sends a pin code to your cellphone to verify logins.
- Tip two is to review your password management protocol. Change your passwords every 6 months and use unpredictable passwords – including a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, along with symbols and numbers. You can also use third-party password software tools such as LastPass.
- Tip three is never plug anything unknown into your computer, such as a thumb drive or CD. They can contain malicious codes that can compromise your computer's files.
- Next, set up your routers properly. Change the username and password and check if your router password is encrypted.
- In addition,make sure you turn on automatic updates for your software to periodically check for viruses.
- Tip 6 is to remember to also include Windows Updates as well.
- Lastly, use open networks with caution. Invest in your wifi hotspot on your phone to prevent unwanted data breaches from suspicious open networks.
3 KEY POINTS:
- Cybersecurity should be a high priority, especially when you have valuable data such as patient records and personal information within your computer or network.
- There are different steps you can take to prevent data breaches and hacker attacks such as using two-factor authentication, managing your passwords and being cautious of what you plug into your computer.
- A breach in your data is a liability issue for you and your business. Don't be negligent and utilize precautions to lessen the risks.
“Cybersecurity – the security of your patient data, your business' data and your personal data – should be at the forefront of your mind.” – Jason Duprat
LastPass – https://www.lastpass.com/
Course Creator Academy: https://jasonduprat.com/courses/
HEA Facebook Groups: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HeathcareEntrepreneurAcademy/
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #cybersecurity #databreach #SolarWindsHack #cyberthreats #dataprivacy