Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast talks about the impact of Apple’s latest IOS 14 software update, particularly when it comes to digital marketing using Facebook and Google ads.
- Apple’s latest IOS 14 update, released in mid January, will have a great impact on businesses who rely on Facebook and Google ads for revenue generation.
- The update will directly impact collecting and tracking user data – the primary feature of online ads for prospect and customer targeting.
- This will affect small businesses who rely on Facebook ads to track ROI and it will affect Facebook’s bottom line as well.
- Apple is responsible for 55% of all web traffic.
- Currently, Facebook helps advertisers target a specific group of people within a particular market. With the new update, tracking the return on ads and conversions will become almost impossible.
- The mandatory Apple update will prompt users to agree to their data being shared.
- A 50% drop in revenue could be observed for small businesses once this update is released.
- In addition, ad tracking attribution will go from 28 days to 7 days, greatly reducing the time you have to convert prospects into customers. This could have a trickle-down effect on other web applications and phone operating systems.
- If you rely on ads for revenue generation, there are steps you can take to be proactive.
- Verify your domain with Facebook. Turn on conversion KPIs on Facebook Ads Manager. And keep an eye out for Facebook’s potential workaround – Aggregated Events Measurement, allowing you to track your own data.
- Another potential workaround is using external software, such as HYROS, to track customer data for you.
3 KEY POINTS:
- Apple makes up 55% of all web traffic and the changes they make will have a great impact across all platforms, particularly Facebook. The new IOS 14 update will eliminate collecting and tracking user data if Apple users agree to the prompt.
- The update will greatly affect Facebook’s ability to target specific markets and track ROI, and limit their Adsense program as well.
- There are a few workarounds you can do. Start by verifying your domain with Facebook. Turn on conversion KPIs on Facebook Ads Manager. And consider using third-party software to track your ads.
“There’s a lot of businesses out there that generate 100% of their revenue from Facebook ads. This is going to be a big change for a lot of people.” – Jason Duprat
HYROS Software – https://hyros.com/
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #appleupdate #facebookads #googleads #onlineads #onlinemarketing #digitalmarketing #smallbusiness