Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast talks with Torben Nielsen, CEO of ZOOM+Care. Torben shares his key takeaways spanning his 20+ year business career and highlights opportunities within tech-based healthcare. He also provides an overview of ZOOM+Care and the company’s capabilities.
- Torben’s postgraduate study on internet marketing strategies led him to a career with LEGO. He eventually transferred from Denmark to the US to work for Inovise Medical Inc., which digitizes EKG machines for the early detection of heart attacks.
- Torben also worked at XEROX, heading up a division to develop new segments for network color printers.
- Across his career, Torben has learned to challenge the current status and to challenge current business models.
- When developing products, observe how consumers are responding to your particular product. Iteration is key.
- Curiosity is also important, as well as perseverance. Test ideas early and often.
- Following XEROX, Torben worked at Cambia Health Solutions to improve the experiences of health insurance members utilizing an integrated provider directory.
- Currently, Torben is the CEO of ZOOM+Care, an on-demand healthcare platform that allows patients to schedule same-day appointments and have access to their medical data.
- ZOOM+Care offers telehealth and in-person visits with 60 clinics across four states. The company is focused on creating a seamless and frictionless experience for patients.
- There’s a ton of opportunities within healthcare for entrepreneurs to provide technology solutions.
- Torben’s advice is to enjoy what you’re doing. Work hard and be persistent.
3 KEY POINTS:
- Be curious about what other industries are doing and then apply best practices from those industries to what you’re trying to do.
- Test your prototypes and products early and often with customers for feedback. They’ll help inform what your product should look like and how to utilize it.
- Despite the challenges of COVID, technology has made it possible for people to access healthcare virtually.
“Be curious, open-minded and observant.” – Torben Nielsen
“Startups are a lot of hard work, but it comes with a lot of great joy as well when things work out. Hang in there, be persistent and enjoy the ride.” – Torben Nielsen
Torben Nielsen on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/torbenstubkjaernielsen
Torben Nielsen on Twitter: https://twitter.com/torbensnielsen
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #podcast #healthcaretechnology #healthcareapps