Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner and host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast talks with Jay Mays, CEO and co-founder of MPLT Healthcare. Jay offers tips on recruiting healthcare professionals and running a successful business. He also shares lessons he's learned as a CEO.
- Working for Maxim Healthcare for a decade sparked Jay's interest in healthcare staffing and taught him how to expand a business.
- Find a niche—nuggets of opportunity or areas where there's not a lot of competition—do well and then expand into other spheres.
- Don't be afraid to break down processes and then rebuild them.
- The key for startups is to start small. Put your head down and do the work to grow the business.
- It's about the right time, the right opportunity and trusting your abilities. Take those opportunities to show people what you can do.
- Jay has established his brand as a recruiter by building relationships with people, and by being honest and informative without overstepping boundaries.
- It's rare you have a round peg and a round hole. So work to find solutions and compromise.
- Technological advancements, such as AI and blockchain, have improved the recruiting and staffing industry, making it easier to match jobs to people.
- At MPLT Healthcare, hospitals are responsible for credentialing incoming physicians, but his company helps facilitate the process.
- In his first few years as CEO, Jay continued to work as a recruiter and account manager. He credits his sports background for his determination and winning mentality.
- Jay's advice for entrepreneurs is to take the chance and put yourself out there. Don't wish – roll up your sleeves and do it.
3 KEY POINTS:
- One of the key components to running a business is accountability. Own up to your mistakes and come up with a solution.
- In the recruiting business, some problems cannot be solved through text or email so pick up the phone and get the parties involved. Talk through solutions in a consultative nature vs taking a sales approach.
- Jay encourages people to be competitive and to have a winning mentality. Believe in yourself, and when opportunities come, put yourself out there.
“You're better but I'll try harder.” – Jay Mays
“Surrounding yourself with good people makes the journey special.” – Jay Mays
MPLT Healthcare website: https://www.mplthealthcare.com/
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #podcast #recruitment #healthcarerecruiting #buildrelationships #createopportunities