Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner, and host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast presents an alternative school of thought regarding passion and success, drawing from his own experiences as an entrepreneur and business owner. He suggests focusing on outcomes and cultivating excitement rather than following your passion.
- You don't have to love what you do to be happy in life.
- Sayings like “follow your passion” or “turn your passion into profit” shouldn't be taken too literally. People tend to think if they're not doing what they love, they're on the wrong track or they're a failure.
- It's impossible to only do what you love—all day, every day—and still be successful.
- Jason asks his listeners to consider a new paradigm and a new thought process: Follow and cultivate excitement over passion. Your passion is not always your calling.
- Jason shares an anecdote about an Olympic gold medalist swimmer who was interviewed by Angela Duckworth for her book, “Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance.”
- When the athlete was asked if he loved what he does, he responded: Do I enjoy or like the daily training and long hours? No. However, I do like being a champion and being good at what I do.
- Do the work to make your business thrive. And ask yourself – what's your gold medal in business?
- Money impacts your outlook on getting necessary tasks done. It tips the scale and creates a greater tolerance.
- If you only do the easy and fun tasks, you're not pushing yourself or building something greater and bigger.
3 KEY POINTS:
- When you focus on what's exciting and challenging, the menial tasks become easier to manage.
- As a business owner and entrepreneur, stick to it and focus on the results.
- There's a difference between loving what you do and loving what you get from doing certain things.
“You don't have to love what you do to be happy and fulfilled in life.” – Jason Duprat
“Failure is not fun but we can see it as a learning opportunity and move on.” – Jason Duprat
Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth
HEA Facebook Group for Digital Businesses: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HeathcareEntrepreneurAcademy/
HEA Facebook Group for Bricks & Mortar Businesses: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademyBrickandMortar/
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #podcast #trackingforsuccess #beachampion #dothework #focusonoutcomes