Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner, and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast explains why he no longer provides one-on-one coaching or consulting. He highlights the advantages of transitioning to group coaching and creating online courses to help scale your business.
- In late 2017 and early 2018, Jason offered one-on-one consulting for ketamine therapy to share his knowledge and pay it forward by helping others.
- One-on-one consulting is a good business model yet it requires a great deal of time and it's not scalable.
- Entrepreneurs should create assets, something that puts money into your wallet or bank account consistently.
- Do not trade your time for money – this is the opposite of creating an asset.
- Group coaching and online learning allow you to maximize your time while building assets because you get paid more per hour and you reach more people.
- If you're just getting started in your business, Jason advises launching with one-on-one coaching to develop your craft and share stories. Once you master your craft, you can move to group coaching.
- If you have a business that's 100% dependent on you and your ability to produce, you simply own your job.
- Give yourself credit for the accomplishments you've achieved and then help others achieve the same thing.
- Turn your superpower into a business that can generate $5-10k per month. For Jason, his side hustle in ketamine therapy blew up. He now offers three online courses – the Cash-Based Practice course, the Ketamine Infusion Therapy Program, and the IV Nutrient Therapy Program. The Ketamine and the IV programs generate more than six figures per month.
- Jason has a new course coming online – the Course Creator Academy. If you're interested in being notified for enrollment, please reference the first link in the Resource section.
3 KEY POINTS:
- You can charge more for one-on-one coaching, however, this model requires a great deal of time. If you continuously trade your time for money, the business you're building is not a real asset.
- If you do group coaching and combine this with an online course, you're paid substantially more for a fraction of your time.
- A services business is easy (and fun!) to get up and running. Structure it around your area of expertise and help other people achieve what you've already accomplished.
“That's what it boils down to… I didn't want to continue trading my time for dollars, and I also wanted to create an asset and build a real business.” – Jason Duprat
“Once you start to train your mind to think like a business person… you'll start to pinpoint all sorts of different areas of inefficiencies in your business… even your personal life…” – Jason Duprat
Course Creator Academy: https://jasonduprat.com/courses/
Do you enjoy our podcast? Leave a rating and review:
Don't want to miss an episode? Subscribe and follow:
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #HealthcareBoss #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #podcast #groupcoaching #groupconsulting #onlinecourses