[iframe style=”border:none” src=”//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/21279188/height/100/width//thumbnail/no/render-playlist/no/theme/custom/tdest_id/2290298/custom-color/6695ac” height=”100″ width=”100%” scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen]
Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner, and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast explains how and why you should leave your job if it no longer makes you happy. He shares his recommendations for looking at alternative career options and what types of changes to make. He also stresses the importance of changing your mindset to take the necessary steps to achieve your goals.
- There's not a lot of freedom or autonomy in the healthcare space anymore, but it's easier to stay in your current job (even if it makes you unhappy) because you've already invested time, money, and effort.
- It's okay to be scared of change. Fear is innate and helps us survive risks.
- If you're spending more than 20% of your time in an unhappy place and doing tasks you don't want to do, make a change.
- Move away from pain to pleasure. Consider entrepreneurship, a new career, or a new employer. You'll know when it's time to make the change once you've exceeded your pain threshold.
- Your personal assets are always at risk when you're employed or you're a contractor in the healthcare space.
- Burnout causes mental and physical exhaustion. You lose interest in doing other activities because any free time is spent recovering.
- Working in healthcare—especially if you work for an employer—can be very stressful because you need to be at peak performance levels at all times. Healthcare requires mental fortitude.
- Jason's first business venture was an online training program to prepare for the nursing boards. After learning about ketamine, he opened a practice and later, launched an online course.
- If you can learn medical skills, you can learn the necessary skills to make a transition.
- Decide to make the change – you don't have to tolerate what you're not happy with.
3 KEY POINTS:
- The more burned out you are, the higher the chance of making mistakes on the job—and you cannot make any mistakes when you work in healthcare. If you make a mistake, you could get sued personally, professionally, and criminally.
- Do whatever you need to do to make yourself happier, to put yourself in a better situation, and to give yourself something to aspire towards.
- Make that decision to change and then put in the work!
“You have to make the decision and relentlessly pursue alternatives because something will catch traction.” – Jason Duprat
“You have what it takes to create whatever it is you want.” – Jason Duprat
“Nothing will happen until you flip that switch in your mind.” – Jason Duprat
Enjoy our podcast? Leave a rating and review: https://lovethepodcast.com/hea
Don't want to miss an episode? Subscribe and follow: https://followthepodcast.com/hea
Have a healthcare business question? Want to request a podcast topic or speaker? Text me at 407-972-0084 and I'll add you to my contacts. I'll share course announcements, promotions, and let you know when I'll be in your area so we can meet up. I'm excited to connect with you!
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #HealthcareBoss #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #podcast #positivemindset #makethechange #yesyoucan #mentalfortitude