Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner, and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast talks with Andréa Jones, creator of the Savvy Social School and Host of the Savvy Social Podcast. She shares tips for business owners on how to best utilize social media and content, including how much time to dedicate to both. She also dives into her strategies for building brand awareness and engagement.
- Andréa learned about entrepreneurship from her parents. She launched her first blog in 2004 and started a YouTube channel in 2007.
- After graduating with a degree in English Literature in 2012, she managed Marriott Hotel's social media platforms while working in hospitality.
- Andréa talks about her transition from freelancer to business owner and the challenges she overcame. She started her business in March of 2014 because she wanted remote flexibility, as well as more time and freedom.
- When she launched, she started out writing product descriptions and Facebook posts for a client. She built out her package offer and started pitching social media and soon had recurring business.
- After experiencing turnover with staff in 2016, she decided to launch her course in 2017. And in 2018, she made the course a membership model.
- Early on, her course focused on training how to do Facebook posts, write content, and increase conversion rates. Now, her training is focused on developing leadership skills and increasing business profit.
- Andréa recommends spending one hour per week for social media posting and 30 minutes per day for engaging. Don't get lost in the scroll!
- Focus on providing value, showing up, and building thought authority.
- Jason and Andréa discuss the pros and cons of joining a Facebook Group. One of the greatest pros is fostering community through sharing versus posting.
- Social media content that makes people feel seen and not alone is not only popular, it's effective and it resonates with users.
- Constantly check your metrics and adjust your strategy when necessary.
- It takes seven to 12 touchpoints to convert a prospect into a customer.
3 KEY POINTS:
- Andréa first used social media as an outlet and a way to reach out to other people who liked the same things she did, and then she fell in love with the content creation aspect.
- As a business owner, you should be conscious of how much time you spend on social media and creating content. Focus on your products, services, and networking. Teaching others is a way to constantly build yourself and scale your business.
- The three types of content you should utilize on your social media platforms include relating to users, educating users, and providing them with an offer.
“The most powerful way to grow your social media platform is for people to share your content. This is virality and it's a winning strategy.” – Andréa Jones
“Social media never sleeps!” – Andréa Jones
“Compare yourself to yourself.” – Andréa Jones
Savvy Social School: https://savvysocialschool.com/
Savvy Social Podcast: https://onlinedrea.com/podcast/
Check out Andréa's free mini course: https://onlinedrea.com/free
Social Media Unwind: https://socialmediaunwind.com/
Have a healthcare business question? Want to request a podcast topic or speaker? Text me at 407-972-0084 and I'll add you to my contacts. I'll share course announcements, promotions, and let you know when I'll be in your area so we can meet up. I'm excited to connect with you!
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #HealthcareBoss #podcast #socialmedia #contentstrategy #brandbuilding #onlinecourses #facebookgroups #socialmediacontent