Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner, and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast discusses what happens when you take a swing and then you miss in business. He also shares the importance of learning from mistakes and how to keep moving forward.
- Across social media channels, it may seem some people never have a bad day, they never have anything go wrong, and they never have any misses.
- The reality is, there are times when you may not get traction on a new idea. Not everything you do is going to be a gold mine or turn into gold.
- Running and growing a business is like throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks, what gets momentum, and what gets your customer base excited.
- A few weeks ago, Jason launched a Cash Practice Challenge. It was intended to cover the fundamentals of running a practice for cash services versus relying on insurance.
- Sometimes, when we get excited about something, we can overlook some potential challenges and factors that can impede success.
- The challenge didn't get traction and there were a combination of factors that played into this.
- From a pricing perspective, Jason didn't run online ads because costs had skyrocketed in December. Timing was off because people were busy with end of the year business planning and family activities.
- In addition, Jason learned cash based prospective audiences are often undecided about what clinical service to provide.
- When you introduce new business ideas, it's important to know your numbers and conversion rates. Jason realized his greatest challenge wasn't conversion, it was momentum.
- To compare is to despair. Jason is planning to try again after the new year.
- In order to keep things moving forward in your business, continue to expand on the services and products you offer.
3 KEY POINTS:
- The most important thing you can do when you take a swing and a miss is keep on moving, try and evaluate what happened, reflect on what you can do differently next time, and keep on moving.
- It doesn't matter how many misses you have. Eventually, you'll find something that gets a lot of traction and will score a home run for your business.
- As long as you have a source of income you can depend on, you can afford to make mistakes as long as you learn from them.
“Sometimes, especially when you're getting started, you're going to have multiple swings and misses in a row. That's totally normal and it's totally fine.” – Jason Duprat
“Keep getting up to bat, keep swinging and you will become the entrepreneur you want to be.” – Jason Duprat
“The riches are in the niches” – Jason Duprat
Have a healthcare business question? Want to request a podcast topic? Text me 407-972-0084 and I'll add you to my contacts. Occasionally, I'll share important announcements and answer your questions as well. I'm excited to connect with you!
Do you enjoy our podcast? Leave a rating and review: https://lovethepodcast.com/hea
Don't want to miss an episode? Subscribe and follow: https://followthepodcast.com/hea
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #HealthcareBoss #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #podcast #socialmedia #audiencesegmentation #conversionrates #businessexpansion #aswingandamiss