Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner, and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast, shares useful tips on how to set up an operating system for your business. Jason is implementing the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) which is based on the book Traction, by Gino Wickman. He paints the picture for getting started with this patented process and also shares the lesson of putting rocks, pebbles, and sand into a jar to demonstrate business priorities.
- HEA has grown over the last few years and Jason has realized he needs to implement a system to streamline communications, operations, and priorities.
- EOS has been used by his colleagues KC Devine and Eric Ehle, as well as his new digital marketer.
- This system is a patented process for companies with 10-250 employees and adds structure. The learning and implementation process will take 1-2 years.
- The framework is to understand and communicate the vision, mission, and goals of your business with your team.
- Jason shares the example of a jar with rocks, pebbles, and sand. The rocks are quarterly goals and go into the jar first. The pebbles are the second tier and they go in next. The sand represents daily tasks and they go in last. In this order, you can fit all elements into the jar i.e. operate efficiently.
- Jason started out as a solopreneur and now has 21 contractors around the world.
- He recommends setting up a system when your team grows to 2-3 people versus waiting until later.
- Meetings are necessary. They move the business forward and they're vital to the growth of your business and team.
3 KEY POINTS:
- Setting up an operating system will help you manage a growing team with greater efficiency and clarify priorities.
- The only way to grow is to grow a team. The sooner you implement systems, the easier it is to manage growing pains.
- You must communicate your vision, mission, and goals to the team. Goals are the equivalent of rocks and should be the top priority, with second-tier goals (pebbles) and daily tasks (sand) supporting the goals. They all work together.
“Running a digital business with contractors worldwide is a little bit more challenging.”- Jason Duprat
“You need to get in the habit of running your business like a real business.”- Jason Duprat
Entrepreneurial Operating System – https://www.eosworldwide.com/
Traction by Gino Wickman – https://www.eosworldwide.com/traction-book
The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable- https://www.amazon.com/Five-Dysfunctions-Team-Leadership-Fable/dp/0787960756
Have a healthcare business question? Want to request a podcast topic? Text me 407-972-0084 and I'll add you to my contacts. Occasionally, I'll share important announcements and answer your questions as well. I'm excited to connect with you!
Do you enjoy our podcast? Leave a rating and review: https://lovethepodcast.com/hea
Don't want to miss an episode? Subscribe and follow: https://followthepodcast.com/hea
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #HealthcareBoss #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #podcast #businessgrowth #teamgrowth #digitalbusiness