Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner, and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast, speaks with Kathryn Walker, MSN, APRN, CRNA, SPMHNP, and CEO of Revitalist Wellness. Kathryn talks about the importance of offering quality care for patients and providers. She shares her experiences opening and running her Ketamine practice and discusses the process of going public and working with a public partner.
- Kathryn grew up in TN and earned two degrees. She started in a Level One Trauma Center. She then became a nurse assistant, worked in the ICU, and also worked as a travel nurse.
- She was well-versed in the inpatient world. In 2018, she opened Revitalist, an outpatient Ketamine clinic.
- Kathryn recognized the problems in the current health system. She focused on bringing quality care to patients and providers with consistency and compassion.
- Entrepreneurship is a skill and she's still learning. She's open to being taught and learning from others.
- Healthcare workers are not the best business people because they're linear. There's a steep learning curve.
- Kathryn is an advocate for bringing in healthcare experts to find success as an entrepreneur and practice owner.
- National organizations, state boards, and legal professionals are all complimentary services with specific roles to support and protect you.
- Initially, Kathryn started with a 50/50 partner. It was stressful yet helpful to bounce ideas off of each other.
- When it comes to a partnership, find someone you trust and who understands your mission and vision.
- As a ketamine clinic owner, you take on the problems of running the business and you take on people who feel like they're failing in life. You'll get patients who aren't nice and you'll get transference.
- Keep it simple, recognize you're there to help and prioritize. Make sure your patients are safe and they're heard.
- As soon as Kathryn opened her practice, she offered ketamine and vitamin infusions. She also offers therapy and has seen patients improve immensely over time.
- In August 2021, she began working with a public market partner. It's been a very tedious process. Now, she's focused on running a business and trying to make her investors happy.
- Revitalist is listed on the Canadian Securities Exchange. It's strict yet more friendly to small businesses than the Nasdaq.
- Her future plans include getting the best people. She currently has an R&D division with 18 projects. Her goal is to have 150 US clinics by 2025.
3 Key Points:
- Provide health services based on the need. Keep things simple and safe for patients and providers.
- Kathryn is focused on adding service lines to help communities grow through increased access, education, awareness, and safety. She wants to infiltrate the entire healthcare system and bring about necessary change.
- Build a team with value, trust, and learn from each other to provide better healthcare.
“You're sacrificing to better help this person who's probably in some of the darkest, deepest times of their life.” – Kathryn Walker
“We're just trying to attract the best and push as aggressively as we can in a very safe and empowering way.” – Kathryn Walker
Kathryn's website: https://revitalist.com/
Free masterclass on Starting a Ketamine Infusion Clinic: https://www.ketamineacademy.com/presentation
Have a healthcare business question? Want to request a podcast topic? Text me 407-972-0084 and I'll add you to my contacts. Occasionally, I'll share important announcements and answer your questions as well. I'm excited to connect with you!
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #HealthcareBoss #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #podcast #ketamine #ketaminetherapy #practiceowner #qualitycare #communitygrowth