Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner, and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast, discusses a hiring system he learned after attending a recent mastermind. The hiring process is mission-critical for the success of your business because the team is responsible for outcomes. Jason provides tips for seeking out A-player candidates, the best way to conduct interviews, and why you should always be in a recruiting mode.
- The hiring process is an important step for driving business success. You should hire new employees based on core values.
- When interviewing applicants, avoid making decisions based on gut feelings.
- Bill Allen, a real estate investor, and entrepreneur was a speaker at a recent mastermind Jason attended. He recommends the book Who: The A Method of Hiring by Geoff Smart and Randy Street because it has a well-researched hiring system.
- When you make a bad hire, it costs you at least that position's salary. And that figure can go up to 5-15x based on time and money.
- Start with a good job description. Have a crystal clear vision about the work to be done and how performance will be measured.
- Use a scorecard and include the mission of the job, six to seven detailed breakdowns of what the position will do, and when the actions should be completed.
- Break down interviews into three to filter top candidates for the position.
- The first is the screening interview. Ask applicants about career goals, skills, strengths, weaknesses, and who their last five bosses were.
- Next is the main interview, where references (the last five bosses) are called to probe deeper into the applicant's experience and performance.
- The last is the focused interview which highlights the specific skills and traits demanded by the job.
- Always be in a recruiting mode because you never know when rockstar employees are looking.
- A-players are pulled to other jobs; B and C players are pushed out the door.
- If you want an above-average business, you need to hire significantly above-average people.
3 KEY POINTS
- Business success lies in the employment process because it's the first step to building a team.
- Interviewing is critical in the hiring process so it must be done thoughtfully and intentionally. Hire new employees based on core values.
- Accept applications even when there are no positions open – sell the opportunity to work for your business.
“Don't wait to hire until you're feeling overwhelmed. Be proactive.” – Jason Duprat
“You need to hire when what you love to do is being overtaken by what you hate to do.” – Jason Duprat
Bill Allen, 7 Figure Flipping: https://www.7figureflipping.com/about
Who: The A Method of Hiring: https://whothebook.com/
Have a healthcare business question? Want to request a podcast topic? Text me 407-972-0084 and I'll add you to my contacts. Occasionally, I'll share important announcements and answer your questions as well. I'm excited to connect with you!
Do you enjoy our podcast? Leave a rating and review: https://lovethepodcast.com/hea
Don't want to miss an episode? Subscribe and follow: https://followthepodcast.com/hea
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #HealthcareBoss #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #podcast #hiringsystems #HireAPlayers #businesssuccess #teamdevelopment