Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner, and host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast interviews Aaron LeBauer, PT, DPT, host of The Cash PT Lunch Hour Podcast, author of The Cash PT blueprint, and international speaker. Aaron discusses how to efficiently run a cash-based practice without relying on insurance reimbursements. He also provides insightful advice for effective financial management and result-driven marketing to scale your practice – including how to market directly to patients.
- Aaron shares his aspirations of becoming a professional cyclist and how being a massage therapist provided the financial resources for his passion.
- His wife encouraged him to go to PT school and after he graduated, he started his cash-based practice in 2009.
- Aaron shares his advice for individuals transitioning towards practice ownership and that is to get in front of people, ask questions, and provide value.
- He markets directly to patients and not physicians. When he first opened his practice, he went to neighborhood meet and greets, and fairs.
- He was told patients wouldn't be able to afford his care and it's not ethical to run a cash-based practice.
- Aaron believes persistence wins. And it's important to cultivate word-of-mouth referrals.
- When caring for patients, ask questions, offer value, and do something to help them. Know their struggles, problems, and desires.
- The language you use to speak with your patients is very important. It must be empowering instead of taking the power away from them.
- You can do the right thing and it can be done in an untraditional framework.
- Aaron's mission is to help patients stay fit, healthy, and strong without pain medications, injections, or surgery.
3 Key Points:
- Get in front of people, ask questions and offer value. Gather leads and have a system where you can follow up with leads.
- Cultivate “word-of-mouth” referrals and ask them to send their family and friends to you.
- Owning a business isn't easy. You have to know why you do it and you have to be dedicated to doing it.
“Websites are like business cards. We have to market directly to people who want our services.” – Aaron LeBauer
“Finding a mentor that can show you the step-by-step way of building a cash-based practice is a faster and easier road to success than trying to figure it out and reinvent the wheel.” – Aaron LeBauer
Free CashPT Blueprint: https://www.cashptblueprintbook.com
The Cash PT Lunch Hour Podcast: https://www.lebauerconsulting.com/category/podcast/
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #HealthcareBoss #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #podcast #cashbasedpractice #physicaltherapy #patientcare #healthcareaccess