Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner, and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast, talks about the importance of standard operating procedures and documentation within a business. Recently, one of the long-time contractors from his marketing department left the company in a very unprofessional way by resigning on the spot. Jason provides insight into what preparations can be done to prevent your business from struggling if situations similar to this happen to you.
- One contractor quits from Jason's marketing team, exposing mistakes he made that would've certainly caused large problems in the near future.
- Jason had to hire a freelance contractor to go through the automation and integrations and create documentation that was never done.
- When hiring contractors and employees, be sure to familiarize their software tools.
- Marketing contractors and agencies can suddenly go out of business. Knowing the backend and having it documented saves you and your future marketers time.
- Splitting vital roles between two individuals ensures the business isn't left high and dry if one of them quits or gets sick.
- SOPs and documentation are the tools that help you free yourself from the business.
- Always audit internal systems to lessen mistakes and errors.
- As a business owner, you need to extract yourself from the business, and one of the keys to doing that is having systems, processes, and documentation in place.
3 KEY POINTS
- Documentation and SOPs ensure smooth transitions.
- Always maintain the upper hand as the business owner.
- Never be too dependent on one individual.
“If you have a department where you only have one person who's basically running the whole show, you've got to have documentation; you've got to have SOPs because you're setting yourself up for big problems if they don't show up” – Jason Duprat
“Don't forget about your SOPs, don't forget about your documentation, don't let it go by the wayside.” – Jason Duprat
Have a healthcare business question? Want to request a podcast topic? Text me 407-972-0084 and I'll add you to my contacts. Occasionally, I'll share important announcements and answer your questions as well. I'm excited to connect with you!
Do you enjoy our podcast? Leave a rating and review: https://lovethepodcast.com/hea
Don't want to miss an episode? Subscribe and follow: https://followthepodcast.com/hea
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #HealthcareBoss #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #podcast #businessgrowth #teamgrowth #digitalbusiness