Being unaware of the law does not excuse you from it. In this episode, Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner, and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast, talks about the importance of due diligence when taking advice. There are those who claim to be “experts” in their field but, ironically, spread misinformation, even illegal advice that could cost professionals their licenses. After listening to a podcast sharing such grave inaccuracies, Jason shares valuable insights on avoiding misinformation and seeking real professional advice.
- Jason came across a podcast where the host claims to be a “Healthcare Business Expert.”
- Ironically, pieces of advice given during the show were utterly inaccurate, even downright illegal.
- The consultant gave poor advice that could potentially cause people their medical licenses.
- One piece of advice was to work as a 1099 Contractor using your clinic's name, which risks the business entity's assets if things go wrong.
- It's important to work with competent consultants who've spent hours studying and are not afraid to admit what they don't know.
- If you don't know the rules of the Nurse Practice Act in your state, you should not be advising anybody. Read the laws word-per-word.
- Do not blindly follow and apply the advice you receive from anyone. Hire experienced consultants and attorneys.
- Invest at least five to seven thousand dollars in attorney consulting before starting your business.
- Thousands of dollars in consultations and legal fees are nothing considering the trouble it will save you from down the line.
3 KEY POINTS
- Always exercise your due diligence when absorbing information.
- Know the “Nurse Practice Act” in the state you're practicing in.
- Get good legal advice. Hire experienced consultants and attorneys.
“Get good legal advice. Among tens of thousands of lines of laws, violating just one line could cost you everything.” – Jason Duprat
“A good consultant shares what he knows, but a great consultant admits what he doesn't know.” – Jason Duprat
- Want to become a Ketamine Therapy provider? Enroll NOW in The Ketamine Academy course: https://www.ketamineprofessionals.com/enroll
- Connect with Jason Duprat: LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram | email@example.com
- Have a healthcare business question? Want to request a podcast topic? Text me at 407-972-0084 and I’ll add you to my contacts. Occasionally, I’ll share important announcements and answer your questions as well. I’m excited to connect with you!
- Do you enjoy our podcast? Leave a rating and review: https://lovethepodcast.com/hea
- Don’t want to miss an episode? Subscribe and follow: https://followthepodcast.com/hea
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #HealthcareBoss #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #podcast #businessgrowth #teamgrowth #digitalbusiness