Life is life. It's not just work. Mridu Parikh is a productivity coach, best-selling author of Accomplish It, founder of Life is Organized, and host of the Productivity on Purpose Podcast. In today's episode, Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner, and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast, sits down with Mridu to exchange a myriad of best practices on how to live a happier life by maintaining a steady work-life balance.
We encourage you to ready your notepads because this episode is filled with timeless, life-changing insights you would want to remember!
- With her career taking a toll on her work-life balance, Mridu begins her journey of time management and productivity, and created a business revolving around helping people “have a real life.”
- The best measurement for productivity is how you feel at the end of the day.
- Productivity doesn't depend on how much you accomplish but on the significance of what you accomplish.
- A common struggle is we focus too much on clearing our to-do lists and too little on “what's going to make me feel successful.”
- A common misconception for business owners is they think “success” equals “doing more.” Focus more on planning, and you're gonna have less and better doing.
- Mridu elaborates on her 5 Umbrella Process which she runs her clients through
- Realize your goals and focus. What is truly important?
- Make adjustments to your calendar to fit your vision. What would your ideal week look like?
- Create a system. Everything can be systematized better, be it your personal life or professional life alike. You can never over-systematize.
- Get a team to delegate tasks off your plate.
- Boundaries and communication. Saying no is uncomfortable, but there's a way to ease that burden.Mridu provides several real-life examples of how to say no without sounding too dismissive and maintain client relationships.
- Setting your schedule is helpful not only for us but also for our clients.
- If you're delegating, you should expect 80% of what you would be able to do.
- It's important to look at projects and recognize which ones you can delegate.
- Training takes time, but not delegating it wastes more time.
- The best project management tool is the one you're going to use. If you're comfortable with Google Docs and it works for you, then use that for now.
- Think of different themes for your days to create consistency (e.g. Wednesdays are Podcast Days. Fridays are Admin and Finance Days, etc.)
- When bombarded by a multitude of tasks, focus on 5 things – ideally 3 Professional and 2 Personal Agendas
- Mridu recommends the book “Atomic Habits” by James Clear
3 KEY POINTS
- Productivity is a state of emotion.
- When overwhelmed by tasks, take things one step at a time.
- Life is not just work. That's why it's called “work-life balance.”
“Life is life. It's not just work.” – Mridu Parikh
“When overwhelmed by countless responsibilities, start with, ‘What are the top 5 things I can accomplish that will make me feel awesome when my head hits the pillow tonight?’” – Mridu Parikh
CONNECT WITH JASON DUPRAT
- Want to become a Ketamine Therapy provider? Enroll NOW in The Ketamine Academy course: https://www.ketamineprofessionals.com/podcast
- Join our giveaway and win a free strategy session with Jason Duprat! All you have to do is leave a review for the podcast on Apple Podcasts, take a screenshot, and upload it here on our form! Winners will be announced soon.
- Have a healthcare business question? Want to request a podcast topic? Text me at 407-972-0084 and I’ll add you to my contacts. Occasionally, I’ll share important announcements and answer your questions as well. I’m excited to connect with you!
- Do you enjoy our podcast? Leave a rating and review: https://lovethepodcast.com/hea
- Don’t want to miss an episode? Subscribe and follow: https://followthepodcast.com/hea
ABOUT THE GUEST
Mridu Parikh helps ambitious entrepreneurs feel in control of their time, energy, and habits, even when they are overwhelmed by demands and distractions. As a productivity coach, speaker, podcaster, and best-selling author of Accomplish It, she will teach you how to focus, overcome procrastination, and squash anxiety. A mom of two and wife of one, Mridu enjoys all things milk chocolate and red wine. Get Mridu’s free resources on her website, Life Is Organized.
CONNECT WITH THE GUEST
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #HealthcareBoss #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #podcast #businessgrowth #teamgrowth #digitalbusiness