When fixing a problem, you cut it right at the source.
Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner, and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast, talks about the potential of Functional Medicine and how it can help improve our current Healthcare system. In this episode, Jason shares his personal story about how the alarming state of Western Medicine has affected his family and how Functional Medicine could have been the key to preventing that outcome.
- Jason’s sister recently passed away due to Stage 4 Colorectal Cancer.
- The US spends more on healthcare than any other country in the world, but among developed countries, is at the bottom in terms of health outcomes.
- Functional Medicine aims to find the root cause of a disease or illness and focuses on Health Optimization.
- Integrative Medicine is when a clinician uses Traditional forms of Medicine along with others (e.g. Acupuncture, Massage, and Chiropractic). Wikipedia articles are not credible sources as they can be edited by anyone. Examples of Functional Medicine are the following:
- Jason interviewed a Podcast Guest who specializes in “Pharmacogenetics,” studying how a person’s genes impact how they respond to medications.
- Genova Diagnostics uses the “GI Effects Comprehensive Stool Profile” wherein patients send in stool samples and test for various indicators of gut health.
- Toxins in mattresses due to flame-retardants turn into carcinogenic gaseous vapors, which is an example of what Functional Medicine looks out for.
- Functional Medicine is newer, evolving, backed by legitimate studies, and is a great opportunity for clinicians who want to do Medicine right.
3 KEY POINTS
- Functional Medicine is a newer approach that addresses the root cause of diseases.
- Western Medicine has much room for improvement.
- Functional Medicine will greatly improve our Healthcare System in several years.
“Mark my words: In the next several years, Functional Medicine is going to take hold and gain traction” .– Jason A. Duprat
“Be the best clinicians and advocates you can be for your patients.” – Jason A. Duprat
CONNECT WITH JASON DUPRAT
- Want to become a Ketamine Therapy provider? Enroll NOW in The Ketamine Academy course: ketamineacademy.com/presentation
- Have a healthcare business question? Want to request a podcast topic? Text me at 407-972-0084 and I’ll add you to my contacts. Occasionally, I’ll share important announcements and answer your questions as well. I’m excited to connect with you!
- Do you enjoy our podcast? Leave a rating and review: https://lovethepodcast.com/hea
- Don’t want to miss an episode? Subscribe and follow: https://followthepodcast.com/hea
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #HealthcareBoss #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #podcast #businessgrowth #teamgrowth #digitalbusiness