Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner, and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast, jumps on the widely-requested topic of Medical Directors. Do you need a Medical Director? How do you find a Medical Director? How much should you pay a Medical Director? Tune into this episode as Jason dives deep into each of these questions.
- A Medical Director's role would include overviewing everything clinical-related in your practice such as protocols, forms, standing orders, etc.
- If you don't have a healthcare license, you need a Medical Director to oversee your practice.
- In some states, a physician is required to be the Medical Director, and sometimes, even own the medical practice.
- A workaround would be to run a Management Services Organization.
- As a provider (e.g., physician or nurse practitioner), you may or may not need a Medical Director. Review your state's Nurse Practice Act to see if you can practice independently.
- To find a Medical Director, start by scouring your network. The best case scenario would be to partner with someone you know, like, and trust.
- Another method would be to post on job sites with a thoroughly detailed job description. Look for state regulations regarding Medical Director's roles and responsibilities, put a salary, and hire them part-time at first.
- Another platform to look into is: https://medicaldirectorsnow.com/
- Be prepared to pay a professional salary.
- A Medical Director’s fee would be somewhere in the range of $750-$1,500 or more per month, depending on various factors.
- There have been instances when businesses shut down due to the absence of a Medical Director, so always have a backup plan.
3 KEY POINTS
- Do you need a Medical Director? – Review your state’s Nurse Practice Act
- How do you find a Medical Director? – Through networks and job sites
- How much should you pay a Medical Director? – A professional salary
“Trying to find the cheapest way is not always the best idea. You usually get what you pay for.” – Jason A. Duprat
“You are paying for valuable service and you should be ready to compensate people on your team according to the amount of value they're delivering.” – Jason A. Duprat
CONNECT WITH JASON DUPRAT
- Want to become an IV Nutritional Therapy provider? JOIN our FREE masterclass: https://www.ivtherapyacademy.com/podcast
- Have a healthcare business question? Want to request a podcast topic? Text me at 407-972-0084 and I’ll add you to my contacts. Occasionally, I’ll share important announcements and answer your questions as well. I’m excited to connect with you!
- Do you enjoy our podcast? Leave a rating and review: https://lovethepodcast.com/hea
- Don’t want to miss an episode? Subscribe and follow: https://followthepodcast.com/hea
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #HealthcareBoss #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #podcast #businessgrowth #teamgrowth #digitalbusiness