“People are not your most important asset. The right people are.” – Jim Collins
Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner, and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast, talks about the best practices when hiring for managerial roles. In this episode, Jason recalls his experiences with recent mis-hires, his key takeaways to avoid potential hiring mistakes, and red flags to consider when screening applicants.
- Jason recently had mis-hires for the marketing director position of his business. He's since learned from these experiences and has solidified his hiring process.
- For your business to grow 3x or 5x, you'd want to hire someone with proven experience.
- Use personality tests to identify an applicant's compatibility with a role. Jason suggests doing a minimum of three interviews to evaluate an applicant thoroughly.
- Write precise job descriptions with included KPIs they'll be responsible for.
- To attract great people, ensure a great working environment with excellent company culture.
- Hire people who fit your company's culture and core values. Hire people who are genuinely passionate about what they do, not those who work for money alone.
- From Alex Hormozi: Don't hire entrepreneurs. Hire intrapreneurs.
- Avoid hiring unemployed managers, as they may be underperformers who were terminated.
- Check out Jason's book Clinic Launch Secrets on Amazon.
“Hire managers for their experience, not their potential.” – Jason A. DupratTweet
“Don't ever lowball your offer. If you want top-tier talent, you must be willing to pay well.” – Jason A. DupratTweet
- Sign up for one of our free business start-up Masterclasses by heading over to https://healthcareboss.org/masterclass/
- Have a healthcare business question? Text me at 386-284-4955, and I'll add you to my contacts. Occasionally, I'll share important announcements and answer your questions as well.
- Do you enjoy our podcast? Leave a rating and review: https://lovethepodcast.com/hea
- #299: HOW TO FIND THE RIGHT VIRTUAL ASSISTANTS FOR YOUR MEDICAL PRACTICE
- #313: TACTICAL TUESDAY: UNDERSTANDING THE BELL CURVE OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #HealthcareBoss #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #podcast #businessgrowth #teamgrowth #digitalbusiness