“A company can't produce income without assets. So protecting assets is critical to the survival of every company.” – Hendrith Vanlon Smith Jr
Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner, and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast, talks about Asset Protection and decreasing the risk of being involved in a lawsuit. In this episode, Jason shares real-world scenarios faced by successful but unprepared individuals as well as relevant advice to avoid getting caught up in a similar situation.
- Make your assets invisible to your potential opponent. Examples of assets you want to keep hidden: are houses, cars, boats, and businesses.
- Decrease the chance that somebody will want to sue you.
- Hire a qualified attorney specializing in Asset Protection. Work with a qualified attorney who specializes in Asset Protection. There are business attorneys who have no experience in Asset Protection.
- If you own businesses, you don't want them directly tied to your name. Paying for a registered agent will keep your name off the secretary of State's website.
- Take action before you ever get named in a lawsuit.
“Nobody's going to ever sue a homeless person because there's nothing to go after. Successful people get sued. The more successful you are, the bigger the target on your back.” – Jason A. DupratTweet
“Make your assets invisible to your potential opponent.” – Jason A. DupratTweet
CONNECT WITH JASON DUPRAT:
LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | Facebook Group
- Sign up for one of our free business start-up Masterclasses by heading over to https://healthcareboss.org/masterclass/
- Have a healthcare business question? Text me at 386-284-4955, and I'll add you to my contacts. Occasionally, I'll share important announcements and answer your questions as well.
- Do you enjoy our podcast? Leave a rating and review: https://lovethepodcast.com/hea
- #132: TACTICAL TUESDAY: PROTECT ASSETS & LIMIT LIABILITIES WITH AN LLC
- #248: ERIC MILLER: BUILD BUSINESS PROFITS, ENTERPRISE VALUE & ASSETS AS A PRACTICE OWNER
- #269: FINANCIAL PLANNING, ASSET PROTECTION, AND HEALTH INSURANCE TALK WITH JACOB BEVILACQUA
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #HealthcareBoss #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #podcast #businessgrowth #teamgrowth #digitalbusiness